Monday 27 May 2013

Welcome!

Hellooo and welcome to my new blog which I'm sure will look wonderful in a few weeks when I have lots of posts but, for now, I'll stop it from looking so bare by making my very first post a mammoth one!

So yesterday (Sunday), Alex and I went for a shopping trip in London. For both of us, it was our first time going to Brick Lane and I can tell you for certain that we'll be going again.
There were amazing vintage shops everywhere we looked, separated only by an array of oriental food restaurants and stalls and graffiti art on the walls. After going in every vintage shop we physically could before collapsing of exhaustion, we found a salad bar called Chop'd in the most beautiful rooftop location with the sun beaming down on us and tucked in to a humongous salad for less than £6 and a free Relentless energy drink! 
We then strolled around Camden for a while, which was once my favourite place to shop but has now been bumped down to second place behind Brick Lane, and finally got some bits from Westfield in Stratford on our way home.
The only down side of the day was right back at the beginning when the door to the train drivers' cabin at the back of the train kept on swinging open and closed, slamming each time... safe.

My style seems to inadvertently be getting increasingly 90s/80s grunge shown by the items that I bought; 
Fred Perry polo top from Brick Lanemarket for £10 (yes, £10!!!!)
'Joni' super high waisted jeans from Topshop for £32.40 with a 10% student discount
Paisley print headscarf from Rokit for £2.50
Harrington jacket from Brick Lane market for £25
White printed t-shirt from Pengat in Camden for £20

Aaaaaand this is what I wore;
Patterned shirt from Asos marketplace
'Joni' jeans from Topshop (yes, I have two pairs now)
White frilly socks from Topshop
Purple velvet Dr Martens

Finished!
If you read that entire post then I congratulate and thank you and I promise to keep updating this blog regularly :-)

1 comment: